Step by Step Guidance for New User of FIBA Organizer
This article will provide step-by-step guidance for new users of FIBA Organizer (FO). It will not cover all specific needs, but will give some understanding how to start using it.
Each step is linked with corresponding support article(s).
After you have received a new FO account, first we would suggest to change your password. If you are planning to share your tasks with other persons, create separate accesses for them.
- How to add new users - read here
- About different roles and rights of users read here
- How to provide users with access to teams, leagues, regions - read here. It is advanced functionality which could be useful for organizations with many leagues, age categories and different FO users for separation of responsibilities/rights.
As the next step - set a current season for your competitions as well as set an active season for admin, as it makes your job and navigation easier.
- How to change status of the season - read here.
3. COMPETITION STRUCTURE
Now you can create a new competition, add the season and group (for example, Regular season) or groups (for example, Regular season with subgroups or different Stages and/or Playoffs). This structure of groups in FO depends on your competition format. We are providing you with links to some useful articles, but if you are not sure how to build the structure for your league correctly, reach Genius Sports Support Team by email email@example.com
- How to create new League > Tournament > Season > Groups - read here
- How to manage competitions format with Subgroups - read here
- How to act if points from other groups should be inherited - read here.
Note. If your league hasn't approved competition format yet, you can start working from point #4 or #5 - prepare teams and venues, create/add players (point #7), coaches (point #8) and referees (point #9) and after that come back to creation of the competition format.
Create venues. We would suggest to create venues before you have started creating teams especially if teams have their "home" arenas. You will save your time if you are able to add home arena to the respective team during team's creation.
- How to create new venue/arena - read here.
Create new team(s).
- How to create new team and to add it to the League -> Season - read here.
Note. The team will become editable under tab Teams only after it is added to the respective League -> Season.
After teams are created, added to the season (point #5) and group(s)/subgroups configured under the season (point #3), you can start adding games.
There are several methods for adding games in FO:
There are some different ways how to create new player in FO:
- create new person and add this player to the roster of the respective team or to add a new player directly to the team's roster - read here
- import player(s) using .csv file - read here.
Depending on the case you can:
Referees is not mandatory information in FO since statisticians are able to add referees in FIBA LiveStats (FLS) directly before the game. If your league is informed about nominations of referees prior games you can add them to the game in FO and this info will be pushed to FLS automatically.
- How to add referee to the game - read here.
10. MATCH KEYS
Once your schedule of games has been created in FO, all matches will be visible for team by default, which will not push them to Genius Sports Stats Engine and will not allow to generate match keys.
- How to configure games to create Match Keys - read here
- How to get Match Key(s) in the Game Center - read here.
Instead of Match keys leagues can use Licensing Codes.
- What is Licensing and how to manage License codes - read here.
The sequence of some points can be different depending on the flow of information in your organization. For example, you do not know the rosters of the teams, but you already know the referees approved in the upcoming season - you can add them (point #9) at any time. You do not know the rosters of the teams, but you have received the calendar of the games - even if it is not a final version, you can add games and edit them later.
When 10 steps described above are accomplished, all information added by FO admin will be synchronized with Genius Sports Stats Engine. From there it will be pushed to FLS automatically for the scouting of the games. Also it will appear in other Genius Sports tools -> Game Center (Webcast), WordPress websites or in the websites developed by your organization via API integration.
Point #11 is not related to preparation phase of FIBA Organizer, but we included it in the step-by-step guidance because of it's importance.
11. IMPORT OF STATISTICS
We would suggest to import statistics of the game back to FO after each game or at the end of the each game's day. This can be done by FO admin with super admin rights or even by statisticians of the games with Team statistics operator role.
- How to import statistics of the game - read here
- About different roles and rights of users - read here.
More useful articles:
In case of any related question, you can always reach Genius Sports Support Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org