How to Manage Standings Table
FIBA Organizer offers different ways to manage Standings for the competitions in the frame of one season. It can be either automatic (1-5) or manual (6).
1. By adding different amount of points per:
- lose by forfeit
2. By adapting tiebreakers:
- to support FIBA rules, reset FIBA tiebreakers should be used
- custom rules can be created moving tiebreakers from Available to Selected and adjusting their sequence. You can read more about tiebreakers here.
3. By enabling/disabling Joint Standings. If more than one team has the same placement in the Standings, alphabetic order is applied for these teams. By using Enable Joint Standings these teams would have the same position (enabled) or sequential position (disabled). In case of Enable, all teams have the first position in the beginning of the season.
4. By inheriting points from another subgroup or group. Based on the competition format, sometimes teams are playing each other in one group/stage and after that they play again in the next stage. By using a tick under Inherit points from the results from the 1st stage can be inherited in the standings of the 2nd stage. Additionally inherit points between groups teams only can be used.
5. By using Standings modifier. If any of teams have some advantage or disadvantage in comparing with others, it can be modified here and will be applied automatically.
6. By using Custom Standings. If none of the options described above fulfill league’s requirements, Custom Standings can be used.
In this case:
- Position of teams should be changed manually
- Enabled ticked
- Save clicked to save Standings.
Every time any new game is played Enabled tick should be removed and stats of the game imported. Standings will be recalculated, position of the teams then can be again changed manually, Enabled ticked and Standings saved. These steps have to be repeated after any change in statistics of played games (edited stats, new import, etc.) are made.