In this article we will explain how to use functionality "inherit points from". We will provide two different situations with instructions how to manage them.
Teams are playing in the stages/levels/legs. One stage is ended and some teams have to meet each other in the next stage again. If organizers decide these teams shouldn't meet again in the next level (Stage #2), inherit points from the Stage #1 can be used.
1. Go to Competitions and create separate groups->Stages (#1 and #2):
2. In the Stage #2 select Standings tab and add an option to Inherit points from the Stage #1.
- All points collected by team(s) in all games played in the Stage #1, after entering the Stage #2 will be inherited to this stage and will appear in its Standings.
Additionally you can use an option Inherit games between group teams only.
- In this case only points collected by team(s) in the games played between in the Stage #1, after entering the Stage #2 will be inherited to this stage and will appear in its Standings.
Teams will play in two pools (A and B) simultaneously and during some rounds, teams will play in cross over games. We will explain, how to keep the standings for these two pools separate, but include the results of the "crossover" games in the standings of pools A and B.
1. Go to Competitions and create separate groups Pool A & B and additionally one group for the Crossover games:
2. In both Pools A and B click Standings tab.
Scroll down and add an option to Inherit points from the group Crossover games:
- for Pool A
- for Pool B
3. Then select group Crossover games and select Group information tab.
Scroll and remove a tick Visible Standings.
This action will hide standings of the group Crossover games in the widgets, while all points collected in these cross over games will be added to the calculations of Standings in Pool A and B.