Note. Once person is added to FO it is not necessary to do it again - this way you can get persons' duplicates.
Go to Competition->Import and you will find 4 different templates for import of:
Further we will explain how to import team's Roster, but these recommendations are valid for the List of People and Personnel.
1. Underdownload an example document.
2. Open downloaded CSV file:
- if all data are split by cells (like in the screenshot below), you can skip the next steps and continue from point #3
- if all data are located in one cell (like in the screenshot below), you need to make some changes.
Select cells A1&A2 and go to Data > Text to Columns > choose Delimited, click Next button.
Add checkbox Other and add ; (semicolon). You will see data will be split by columns. Click Next and Finish buttons.
3. The format of date has to be yyyy-mm-dd. If it is different, change it by clicking right mouse on the cell(s) and select "Format Cells". Choose the correct format under category Date, press OK;
When it is done, .csv file is adapted for the next steps.
4. Add required information:
- name and surname (do not use non-Latin letters)
- birth date (yyyy-mm-dd)
- team name (it has to be exactly the same as used in FIBA Organizer)
- shirt number
- position (allowed positions (codes) for import are 'F', 'G', 'C', 'PG', 'SG', 'SF', 'PF', 'G/F', 'F/C', 'PG/SG', 'SG/SF', 'SF/PF', 'PF/C')
- nationality (use 2 letters country code https://www.iban.com/country-codes)
5. Go to Competition ->Import -> Rosters.
- select Season;
- select League;
- select Delimiter (which should be "comma". If import isn't successful, please set "semicolon");
- add Start Date (it has to be before the 1st game of the respective team);
- click Browse for prepared .csv file;
- click Send button.
6. If everything is correctly added, the following screen will appear, click Submit button. The roster is imported.
Note. You can prepare one .csv file for all teams playing in the same season, league and group. If there are more groups separate .csv files should be used.
Useful information. If persons duplicates appear in FIBA Organizer, you can merge them: