This article explains how to perform TV Feed Diagnostics for the purposes of checking LiveStats real (production) game data output presentation on client-side (TV Feed subscribers') applications. When this feature is enabled, LiveStats creates a copy of a real (production) game which is then scouted in a TV Feed Test mode without triggering external connectivity to neither Stats Engine nor Webcast.
TV Feed Diagnostics should usually involve interaction between the following Actors:
- Statistician: A person who operates the application to record data in real-time
- TV Feed Subscriber: A person who operates a certain client which is used to connect to LiveStats application for the purpose of receiving real-time game data feed of the game
For TV Feed Diagnostics to be accessible and operational:
- Statistician uses a Game License which allows LiveStats TV Feed feature to be enabled (License option "Allow TV Feed?" = Yes)
- TV Feed Subscriber is connected to a LiveStats application once LiveStats TV Feed Test mode is enabled
Diagnostics Workflow for License-based Games (League Games list)
In order to run TV Feed Diagnostics on a game from a League Games list, the Statistician needs to:
1. Add Licence key provided by League Manager http://support.geniussports.com/en/support/solutions/articles/9000127300-livestats-version-7-league-licensing-key.
2. TV Feed Diagnostics now can only be initiated via the Additional Options drop-down in the Home Screen. The option is available for games in both Existing and League Games Lists, as long as Scheduled Match Start is set to be more than 30 minutes ahead.
3. Clicking on the Run TV Feed Diagnostics button will invoke a Environment Swith warning pop-up.
4. Game Setup Workflow comes up with a TV Feed Diagnostics watermark in the backround to provide additional visual clue of the operating mode.
5. In-Game (Court) View comes up with a similar greyed-out overlay of the Court to provide additional visual clue of the operating mode.
- TV FEED Indicator shows if (and how many) a TV Feed Subscriber(s) is connected
- Statistician is able to enter any desired Game Actions to replicate the scouting process
- TV Feed Subscriber receives Game Events to evaluate game data output in real-time
After TV Feed has been tested, to exit TV Feed Diagnostics mode, the Statistician needs to:
1. Click on the File->Close TV Feed Diagnostics menu item.
2. Once selecting this statistician will be prompted to confirm if they would like to either "Save" or "Discard and Close". Select the option applicable.
- Once a League Game has been tested for TV Feed Diagnostics purposes, the Statistician will be able to open the game normally from the list of Existing Games