This article explains how to perform Broadcast (TV) Feed Diagnostics for the purposes of checking LiveStats real (production) game data output presentation on client-side (Broadcast Feed subscribers') applications. When this feature is enabled, LiveStats creates a copy of a real (production) game which is then scouted in a Broadcast Feed Test mode without triggering external connectivity to neither Stats Engine nor Webcast.
Broadcast Feed Diagnostics should usually involve interaction between the following actors:
- Statistician: A person who operates the application to record data in real-time
- Broadcast Feed Subscriber: A person who operates a certain client which is used to connect to LiveStats application for the purpose of receiving real-time game data feed of the game
For Broadcast Feed Diagnostics to be accessible and operational:
- Statistician uses a Game License which allows LiveStats Broadcast Feed feature to be enabled (set by Genius Sports)
- Broadcast Feed Subscriber is connected to a LiveStats application once LiveStats Broadcast Feed Test mode is enabled
Diagnostics Workflow for License-based Games (League Games list)
In order to run Broadcast Feed Diagnostics on a game from a League Games list, the Statistician needs to:
1. Add Licence key provided by League Manager http://support.geniussports.com/en/support/solutions/articles/9000127300-livestats-version-7-league-licensing-key.
2. Broadcast Feed Diagnostics now can only be initiated via the Additional Options drop-down in the Home Screen. The option is available for games in both Existing and League Games lists, as long as Scheduled Match Start is set to be more than 30 minutes ahead.
3. Clicking on the Run TV Feed Diagnostics button will invoke a Environment Switch warning pop-up.
4. Game Setup Workflow comes up with a TV Feed Diagnostics watermark in the background to provide additional visual clue of the operating mode.
5. In-Game (Court) View comes up with a similar grayed-out overlay of the Court to provide additional visual clue of the operating mode.
- TV FEED Indicator shows if (and how many) a Broadcast Feed Subscriber(s) is connected
- Statistician is able to enter any desired Game Actions to replicate the scouting process
- Broadcast Feed Subscriber receives Game Events to evaluate game data output in real-time
After Broadcast Feed has been tested, to exit Broadcast Feed Diagnostics mode, the Statistician needs to:
1. Click on the File->Close TV Feed Diagnostics menu item.
2. Once selecting this statistician will be prompted to confirm if they would like to either "Save" or "Discard and Close". Select the option applicable.
- Once a League Game has been tested for Broadcast Feed Diagnostics purposes, the Statistician will be able to open the game normally from the list of Existing Games
- If a "TV feed" activated license is not loaded onto statisticians FIBA Livestats program, statisticians will not have the option to test the above when setting up a game via licensing.