Game Status Notification:
Statisticians can now select to update the game status and report delays to the start of the game they are webcasting. There is now a new “Game Status” Tab that can be used to select a reason for the delay or early start. Options can be selected as seen below.
- Early Game Start - Game will be starting earlier than the scheduled tip of time. Can occur due to league mis-scheduling game time or game time changed by 3rd party.
- Delay: Late Team Arrival - If a team has arrived late to the venue and as such require a delay to the start of the game.
- Delay: Previous Game Late - This can be used at venues where multiple games are played in succession. E.g. a junior game is still being played when the senior game should be tipping off.
- Starting on time – Game will be tipping off at the scheduled time.
If a delay option is selected, statisticians will see the option to select the estimate the revised tip-off time.
Once the revised tip of time has been reached, the game status will return to “loaded” and this will remain there until the statistician selects to start game and start clock - Once this occurs the game status will update to “No Delay”. This status will remain the same throughout the duration of the game.
Note statisticians can use this tab option to select a delay to the game at any time, following the steps outlined below.
Setting a delay mid game:
Statisticians can also update the game status at any time throughout the game. If there is a delay to live play mid game (e.g. an altercation on court and refs have to discuss situation.) statisticians should follow the outlined process.
1. Stop clock.
2. Select the most relevant delay option if delay is expected to be greater than 5mins.
3. The delay will then be cancelled when the clock is started again and game is continued as normal.
Note the game status should then be returned to “No Interruption”.