In order to make the process of recording foul actions more accurate and informative for "downstream" products and users, we have made some updates to this process/streamlined the sequence involved with entering these actions into the FIBA LiveStats (FLS) program. Below are the steps for recording foul actions.
1. In FLS players are listed with their numbers along the top of the court. This is designed to make identifying players easier for statisticians during the game:.
2. To enter a foul action, statisticians must place the location of the foul on the court displayed in the middle of the screen. Once clicked, a marker will appear on the court to indicate the location and determine whether it's worth two or three free throws in case of personal shooting foul.
3. After selecting location together with other action buttons Foul button becomes active for both teams.
4. After clicking Foul button FLS prompts statistician to select the player who committed the foul.
Note. Fouls can be attributed to coach/bench or any player on the bench.
5. Once the player has been selected statistician will be required to select foul type.
6. FLS will then prompt statistician to select the player who received foul.
7. Next statistician will be prompted to select whether or not free throws have been awarded. Depending on previously added (location, foul type) free throws amount will be preselected.
8. In the same window statistician can indicate if the foul occurred during fast break. Substitutions can be made as well as the player who committed the foul can be changed.
9. After clicking Next button free throw outcome should be entered. If needed, assist can be added in this window.
10. When free throws outcome is entered, FLS increases team foul as well as personal foul count.