Notice for league mangers
When scheduling upcoming matches via FIBA Organizer, it is important that the guidelines outlined below are followed as best practice. Scheduling matches in advance is important in ensuring that all GeniusSports systems, from Webcasts to website widgets operate at optimum levels.
Furthermore, relevant and accurate information regarding matches can strengthen the relationships and connection between fans and their leagues, as fans expect acute and up to date information about their teams. We believe our users are the best around the world and these guidelines will help ensure these high standards are maintained for leagues, fans and our operating systems.
Please read below and ensure you are following each guideline closely when scheduling matches. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please email the support team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
- All fixtures for a season should be uploaded to GeniusSports via SPI Warehouse Sync before the season commences: http://support.sportingpulseinternational.com/solution/articles/9000007952-livestats-version-6-using-fiba-organizer-with-new-livestats-league-admin-and-livestats-v6
- Fixtures must be uploaded to GeniusSports via SPI Warehouse Sync no later than 3 days prior to a scheduled tip-off if not able to do so in advance
- If a scheduled game changes (e.g. date, time, teams) it must be updated in FIBA Organizer and uploaded to GeniusSports via SPI Warehouse Sync as soon as the game time is known
- GeniusSports staff must be notified of any schedule changes as soon as possible and within 48 hours of the original scheduled tip-off for monitoring/support purposes
- If a match is suspended or postponed for any reason the revised fixture must be uploaded to GeniusSports via SPI Warehouse Sync no later than 3 days prior to the revised tip-off date/time and GeniusSports staff need to be informed if the match is a continuation or replay
- Finals and Knockout tournament games should be scheduled in advance with “placeholders” and uploaded to GeniusSports via SPI Warehouse Sync (i.e. dates/times without teams) http://support.sportingpulseinternational.com/support/solutions/articles/9000008038-fiba-organizer-offline-generating-finals-fixtures
- The remaining fixtures from a Finals Series should be deleted from FIBA Organizer when no longer required (e.g. game 3 of a 3 game series when a team wins the first 2 games). All changes should then be uploaded to GeniusSports via SPI Warehouse Sync