Statisticians will now be able to access and open games directly on behalf of their league, venue or team rather than using a "game key" as per the traditional method. The list of available matches for selection on the menu screen will be controlled by a League License Key provided by the League Manager and ensure an easier, more practical process to setup games.
To utilize this new functionality users should first see here (Adding/Changing License Keys URL) to ensure that they have activated the correct "License Key" with access to games from their league. Once the correct "License Key" has been activated in LiveStats users will see a menu on the right of the home screen titled "League Games" (see below image) this will display all games that are available with the license key you are using. When the correct game is found, users need to select this by double clicking on the game.
Note: Games can still created manually and game keys used as backup, but that should no longer be required.
Once a statistician has selected the game they are scheduled to work on, they will be taken through to our new and improved pre-game workflow.
1) Statisticians will first be prompted to enter their "Statistician Details", it is important that statisticians enter both the details of both the operator and the caller. Once the details have been entered they can select the option to verify. Once verified, statisticians should select "Save & Next" at the top right hand side of the program interface.
2. Once statistician details have been entered into the program, statisticians will be prompted to confirm the "Internet Type" on their computer. If all details look correct, statisticians should then run a "systems check" as seen on the right hand side of the interface. This systems check will highlight any possibly issues with the PC details that may cause problems with the functioning of the webcast and or other features of FIBA LiveStats program. Once confirmed, statisticians must select the "Save & Next" function:
3. Statisticians will then be prompted to confirm and update any details of the game e.g. Venue's, referees. As well as this, during this step, statisticians can select the printer to connect with the program and the number of copies that should be printed at each request of the statistician. Once confirmed, statisticians must select the "Save & Next" function.
4. Statisticians will then be prompted to confirm the details for each team, at this juncture, statisticians can select team colours, confirm the team codes and ensure all information on coaches is correct. Once confirmed, statisticians must select the "Save & Next" function.
5. Statisticians will then be prompted to confirm the players participating in the games and the details of those players, e.g. player names, numbers. Once confirmed, statisticians must select the "Save & Next" function.
6. Statisticians can then confirm the way in which teams will be running to start the game. Once confirmed, statisticians must select the "Save & Next" function.
7. Finally, statisticians can then select how many minutes remain until the game will start, once selected statisticians should select "SET". Note. Once the time remaining until game starts gets to 7minutess, statisticians will be prompted by the program to confirm the starters for the game.