Remote Content Widget
This function displays news content from an external website in the right hand column of your website. There are a wide range of remote news sources to choose from.
To add a remote news feed to the right hand column:
- From the Website Editor Control Panel, click on Widget Manager.
- Click on the Add New Widget drop down list, select Remote Content, and click on Add New Section.
- Right click on the Remote Content section and select Edit from the menu.
- Click on Choose/Change Source.
- The Search/Browse window will appear. This enables you to either (a) hit the Browse button to view all news feeds available or (b) enter a search term (eg. type in ‘AFL‘ to search for all news feeds with ‘AFL' in the title) and click on Search.
- If you have submitted a search, it will return all results for that search.
- If you click on View All Feeds, it will show a list of all Remote News Feed sources. Scroll through the list to find the news feed you wish to use.
- Click on the name of the remote news feed to select it.
- A confirmation screen will appear with the remote news feed you have chosen. Enter the maximum number of articles to display in the right hand column (compulsory) and click on Save.
- You can return to the Remote News Feed at any time and change the news source by clicking on the Choose/Change Source button.